Assupol Employee Protection Plan
- Telephonic Medical Advice & Information
- Emergency medical response
- Bereavement Line & Transportation of the Deceased
- Trauma Counselling
- Legal Assistance Helpline
- Financial Services Helpline
- Financial Service/Product Complaints
- The single member funeral benefit is available for a Main Member only
- The family funeral benefit covers Main Member, 1 Spouse and 5 Dependant Children under the age of 21 years or 25 years if a full-time registered student
- Maximum entry age for any Member is 65 years next birthday
Accidental Death Benefit:
- In the event of the accidental death of an assured life covered under this plan, the vollowing assured amounts will be payable:
- R12 500 for Main Member / Spouse
- R 5 000 per Child
- R37 500 maximum sum asured per Family involved in the same accident
- If this accident occurs whilst an assured life is travelling with public transport, i.e. taxi, bus or train, then the assured amounts will be doubled as follows:
- R25 000 for Main Member / Spouse
- R10 000 per Child
- R75 000 maximum sum assured per Family involved in the same accident
- This benefit does not include cover for persons younger than 6 (six) months or who have reached or exceeded the age of 70 (seventy) years.
Accidental Permanent Disability Benefit:
- Should any one of the assured lives become permanently disabled as a direct result of an accident, a percentage of the sum assured will be payable. Here are a few examples of the percentages payable:
- Loss of hand : 100 %
- Loss of four fingers of one hand : 40 %
- Loss of sight of eye : 100 %
- Loss of foot : 100 %
- Loss of hearing of both ears : 75 %
- Loss of hearing of one ear : 15 %
Premium Waiver / Bridging Benefits:
- In the event of the death of the Main Member, the monthly premium will be paid for 24 months from the date of the death of the Main Member. This benefit is only applicable to the Family Funeral Benefit.
- In the event of the foreced retrenchment of the Main Member, the monthly premium will be waived for 6 months from the date of retrenchment.
HIV Care Benefit:
- 24 hour, 365 days per year communication centre for HIV/AIDS information and advice.
- 24 hour, 365 days per year communication centre for HIV/AIDS counselling.
- Telephonic trauma counselling for HIV and Rape incidents.
- Two consultations for rape, trauma or potential exposure cases, at an appropriate provider recommended by the communication centre.
- Two blood tests for rape, trauma or potential exposure cases. One immediately on potential infection and a second 3 months later to check sero-conversion.
- Anti-retroviral or prophylactic therapy will be provided to prevent sero-conversion for a period not exceeding 28 days.
- If required, registration only, into a management programme as recommended by the communication centre.
- The following periods in respect of the Family Funeral Benefit, Premium Bridging Benefit and Premium Waiver Benefit are applicable:
- In the event of death, other than the Addicental Death of an Assupol Life, a waiting period of 3 months from the inception date of the policy shall be applicable in respect of the full payment of benefits.
- Insurance cover will not be granted and benefits will not be payable in the event of the death of the Assured Life resulting directly or indirectly from, or which is attributable to suicide or attempted suicide, during the first 24 months from the inception date, notwithstanding such suicide or attempted suicide being the result of the insanity (temporary or permanent), mental illness, the influcence of drugs or intoxication of the Assured Life.
- Cover is provided under the Accidental Death and Disability Benefits, HIV Care Benefit and Assupol On-Call Benefit after the first premium has been received by Assupol Life.
PSA LIFE BENEFIT
MAXI FAMILY FUNERAL PLAN
ASSUPOL EMPLOYEE PROTECTION PLAN
SCHOOL FUND PROVIDER
COMPULSORY / VOLUNTARY GROUP SCHEME
INKOMO FUNERAL SOLUTION BENEFIT
FAMILY CARE CLUB